Employment & Internship Opportunities Employment and internship
opportunities posted through the Department of Computer Science will
be listed here for viewing.
- Junior Systems Analyst at Scholastic Inc.
The Junior Systems Analyst will work under the guidance of the Systems team leadership to
operate as a liaison between the teams supporting Scholastic’s transformation efforts and the DevOps
and automation teams maintaining the core systems and technologies that support the transformation
efforts. The role will communicate and receive feedback on how Scholastic’s technology automation
and governance policies and processes are being consumed by the teams supporting Scholastic’s
transformation efforts. The role will communicate and assist with the enforcement of Scholastic’s
governance of the use of hybrid cloud solutions that support Scholastic’s transformation efforts. The
role will assist with the maintenance of Scholastic’s automation and governance documentation and
The role requires tact, diplomacy and strong written and verbal communication skills. The role will work
with information that includes sensitive financial details around Scholastic’s technology and hybrid cloud
usage and is expected to be disciplined and discrete in the communication and distribution of this
information. The role will work with information that includes details around how Scholastic identifies
the usage of various technologies in Scholastic’s hybrid cloud implementations and thus must produce
work of impeccable quality with no tolerance for defects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent required
- Knowledge of systems development methodologies, definition, design and testing
- Strong analytical skills with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and managing lists of financials and asset data
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the usage of open source technology stacks (LAMP, MEAN, Ruby, Java, MySQL,
PostgreSQL, CentOS, JBOSS, etc.) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and principles strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Atlassian products for collaboration (Jira, Confluence, HipChat) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Agile management methodologies a plus
- Ability to manage and self-prioritize multiple inputs and tasks
- Enthusiastic team player and self-starter
- Demonstrate critical analytical skills and sound judgment
- Flawless verbal and written communication skills
Apply through https://fordham-csm.symplicity.com/students . Job ID on CareerLink is 48623 .
- Sequencing Analytics Intern at NY Genome
The Sequencing Analytics at NY Genome team works closely with sequencing operations, bioinformatics, and software engineering to develop and implement quality control (QC) and analytical tools for the investigative analysis of next generation sequencing (NGS) data. They are looking for an intern with strong programming skills and a general understanding of genomics to work on methods of assessing biases present in exome and whole genome (WGS) sequencing.
Job duties include:
- Write scripts to assess regions of variable coverage with support from a cross-functional team;
- Annotate the regions and develop an understanding around why these biases exist
- Contribute to the interpretation of sequencing and bioinformatics QC metrics, troubleshooting, and support of process optimization.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree in Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related field;
- Ability to produce readable, documented code in Python, Perl, BASH, or R is required;
- Experience working in a Linux environment is required;
- Familiarity with standard NGS bioinformatics tools such as SAMtools, GATK, IGV is a plus;
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, and highly motivated;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
Interested students should contact Christie Welch at the Fordham University Office of Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data and Reporting Analyst position at The New School
Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts, one of the eight academic divisions of The New School, is seeking a Data and Reporting Analyst to work with faculty and staff. The Data and Reporting Analyst will support data needs at the Dean’s Office of the College and serve as Systems Advisor for The New School for Social Research. Go to https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/11858 for more information.
- Internship at Coursehunters LLC for Search Engine Optimization Specialist
Coursehunters.com is a website that enables a college student to identify colleges and universities that offer his or her desired courses online. Operating under the same functionality as Careerbuilder.com, Coursehunters.com provides the same
type of service for college courses. Furthermore, it provides colleges and
universities with a powerful marketing tool that will help advertise their course offerings directly to students that are in need of them. Focusing on online summer and winter session, Coursehunters.com provides an optimal method for connecting institutions and potential students.
Coursehunters is looking for a software engineer who understand how to optimize a website. The role would involve editing a website's content and HTML and associated coding to both increase the website's relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. This is NOT a paid internship.
If interested, please email name, contact information and resume to