Employment & Internship Opportunities Employment and internship
opportunities posted through the Department of Computer Science will
be listed here for viewing.
- Sequencing Analytics Intern at NY Genome
The Sequencing Analytics at NY Genome team works closely with sequencing operations, bioinformatics, and software engineering to develop and implement quality control (QC) and analytical tools for the investigative analysis of next generation sequencing (NGS) data. They are looking for an intern with strong programming skills and a general understanding of genomics to work on methods of assessing biases present in exome and whole genome (WGS) sequencing.
Job duties include:
- Write scripts to assess regions of variable coverage with support from a cross-functional team;
- Annotate the regions and develop an understanding around why these biases exist
- Contribute to the interpretation of sequencing and bioinformatics QC metrics, troubleshooting, and support of process optimization.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree in Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or related field;
- Ability to produce readable, documented code in Python, Perl, BASH, or R is required;
- Experience working in a Linux environment is required;
- Familiarity with standard NGS bioinformatics tools such as SAMtools, GATK, IGV is a plus;
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, and highly motivated;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
Interested students should contact Christie Welch at the Fordham University Office of Career Services at email@example.com
- Data and Reporting Analyst position at The New School
Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts, one of the eight academic divisions of The New School, is seeking a Data and Reporting Analyst to work with faculty and staff. The Data and Reporting Analyst will support data needs at the Dean’s Office of the College and serve as Systems Advisor for The New School for Social Research. Go to https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/11858 for more information.
- Internship at Coursehunters LLC for Search Engine Optimization Specialist
Coursehunters.com is a website that enables a college student to identify colleges and universities that offer his or her desired courses online. Operating under the same functionality as Careerbuilder.com, Coursehunters.com provides the same
type of service for college courses. Furthermore, it provides colleges and
universities with a powerful marketing tool that will help advertise their course offerings directly to students that are in need of them. Focusing on online summer and winter session, Coursehunters.com provides an optimal method for connecting institutions and potential students.
Coursehunters is looking for a software engineer who understand how to optimize a website. The role would involve editing a website's content and HTML and associated coding to both increase the website's relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. This is NOT a paid internship.
If interested, please email name, contact information and resume to