Employment & Internship Opportunities Employment and internship
opportunities posted through the Department of Computer Science will
be listed here for viewing.
- Job opportunities through Fordham Career Services and CareerLink
Employers have been contacting Fordham University Career Services seeking computer science students. Students can search for job opening on Fordham's online job board through CareerLink. Go to fordham-csm.symplicity.com/students, log in with your AccessIT ID, and search for relevant positions. Students can also see upcoming information sessions and career fairs by clicking on the Events tab on CareerLink.
- PAID Internships to work at TV Stations/Media Companies----DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2015
The Emma Bowen Foundation is a national PAID Internship Program and has successfully worked with media companies to place students of color in multi-summer PAID internships. Students also receive a matching funds scholarship for each summer worked. Qualified African American, Latino, Native American, or Asian American/Pacific Islander candidates must be college-bound high school seniors or college freshmen, have a 3.0 or better G.P.A. and an interest in the media.
We are accepting applications from Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications and Broadcast Journalism majors. Applications for the paid internship program are being accepted now for summer 2015. For more information and the application, visit www.emmabowenfoundation.com.
Interested students should complete the application and send all requested materials (transcript, resume, photo, etc.) to the
New York Office by January 31, 2015.
- Avlino Inc. is hosting a job fair
The NJ based high-tech software development company Avlino Inc. is hosting a job fair on November 9, 2014 for MS candidates seeking internships and full-time employment. Further details available here.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is recruiting
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau — a new federal agency established in 2011 — is looking to hire Software Developers, Graphic and UX Designers, Data Scientists, and Cybersecurity engineers as part of their upcoming Technology and Innovation Fellowship. They are seeking new graduates and alumni who have background in these areas. Further information is available through their flyer and their website.
- Philips is recruiting for two job positions
Details here and here. Contact Murali Mani.
- Charney Research looking for a part-time IT Support Associate
Details here. Interested students can send a cover letter and resume to Kelby Olson firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "IT Support Associate."
- Key Digital looking for interns in IT
Details here. Credit and co-op programs available. Contact Masha Lakhter Masha@keydigital.com.
- Lucasfilm is recruiting
Lucasfilm is actively recruiting for Computer Graphic Technical Assistants and Associate Production Engineers. They are looking for talented entry level CS majors.
Link to Lucasfilm Recruiting.
- Software Engineer (lots) needed at Microsoft's Cambridge, MA Office
We are seeking for a ton of Software Engineering talents at Microsoft NERD (New England R&D center) in Cambridge, Mass, specifically under the Cloud Machine Learning team. The vision is to make machine learning cloud technology accessible to every enterprise, data scientist, developer, information worker, consumer, and device anywhere in the world.
Go to MSFT job site and search for "Machine Learning" at Cambridge, MA office. Feel free to send me your resumes and I can refer you too.
- SiriusXM Radio is seeking a couple of interns for their IT department.
IT Desktop Support: The IT Desktop Support team maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots all server and
computer equipment. Interns will be trained to directly support Desktop Support in day to day operations.
Responsibilities may include installing, configuring, and maintaining a variety of computer equipment (i.e. personal
computers, handheld devices, laptops, and printers). The intern will also assist in the troubleshooting and
diagnosis of computer malfunctions and adjust, repair, or replace as needed.
IT Security & Compliance: The IT Security & Compliance department provides the enterprise with information security
strategy, policy, standards, risk assessments, management processes and technology to ensure that SiriusXM
information assets are adequately protected with acceptable levels of controls. Under direction, the intern will help
create IT security policies, assist with monitoring SOX procedures, and provide support with other compliance and
fraud management activities.
Resumes can be sent to Kathlene Mullaney of Career Services.
- Information Technology/Computer Systems Programmer Computer Systems Analyst Intern
Key Digital is a CES awarding-winning developer and manufacturer of leading-edge technology for HDTV applications, delivering total video systems solutions. The company manufactures a wide range of digital video processing and video signal distribution solutions marketed broadly to the HDTV community, such as digital video and audio processors, switchers, distribution amplifiers, cables, adapters, and more. For more information, visit us at www.keydigital.com
The Key Digital Internship program offers unserpassed learning opportunities for dedicated individuals. Participation in our program provides exposure to the working of the Computer Systems and Engineering industries, as well as valuable hands-on experience developing a complete end-to-end product with guidance from a mentor.
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2. Highly detail oriented
3. Hardworking and intelligent person with can-do attitude
4. Interest in Technology
5. Knowledge of C and C++ programming
6. Visual C++ and Java or Objective C smartphone programming
7. Analytical and problem solving skills
8. Control System programming, Coding and Graphical Layout is a must
9. Second or third year in college
1. Gain experience in communicating to a large audience
2. Work with a very friendly team in Westchester, NY
3. References provided to all successful interns
- Build a Website for Restaurants
Kimberly Yeung and her husband, who own a few restaurants in
Manhattan, are looking for students who can build a website
for their restaurants.
They are looking to:
1) Put their menu on the website
2) Put their restaurant information on the website
3) Customers can order delivery or pick up from their website, and the
orders will be linked to their POS system directly.
To apply, please email at email@example.com.
If interested, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exciting Position at NeXt
Does the idea of developing the next game changing in-car technology excite you? Send us your resume to email@example.com and complete the coding challenge within 24 hours to get the job!
We're a start-up made up of some industry leaders, who are passionate about technology. If you're looking for a typical 9-5 job, this is not for you. We are looking for dynamic, self-starters who can work independently and see a project through. This is a primarily telecommuting position with bi-weekly in-person meetings. Start date is May 1st (negotiable).
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must reside in NYC or D.C. area
- Must be a motivated, goal oriented self-starter, with good interpersonal skills
- Deep technical knowledge of mobile application development (Android/ IOS Mobile).
- Development experience for Android mobile phones and Tablets
- Expertise in new app OS & runtimes (e.g Objective-C, iOS, and -Java Android. J2ME, Flash/Flex, and so on)
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimization, caching, security, and native hardware components (camera, GPS, etc.)
- Experience with Data Interchange technologies such as SOAP, XML and JSON
- Understanding of underlying communication protocols and networking a plus (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP and REST)
- Familiarity with agile development and software engineering best practices
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- Experience with multi-tier client/server application architectures & APIs a must
- Developing the next generation in- car Android OS system
- Lead various projects, including OS kernel, firmware, drivers, audio, video, graphics, factory software and related server-side software.
- The In- car system will have the ability to: Access/ Interact smartphone notifications, application data, internet access
- Rapid prototyping and writing up basic documentation
- Working with a great QA and documentation team
- Fordham Legal Solutions division Litigation Support Analyst
All entry level graduates will begin their employment in our Recent Graduates Program called "TLS University". The TransPerfect Legal Solutions (TLS) Graduate Program identifies and empowers future leaders by putting them in direct collaboration with our global teams to develop and bring new ideas to life. We are hiring for our class of analysts starting in Summer 2014, where analyst will participate in a 1-week intensive training program. This would be a great opportunity for Fordham students to take advantage of this one-of-a-kind opportunity to rub shoulders with some of our best and brightest as well as some of the most influential corporations and law firms in the world.
- Technology teacher at Solomon Schechter School
The Solomon Schechter School of Westchester is currently seeking a
part-time technology teacher to help them initiate a computer science
program in their school in 2014-2015. The commitment would likely
involve a few hours a week. If interested contact: Bjorn Sayers.
- JACHS NY, LLC looking for interns in web development
JACHS, a new york clothing company showroom is looking for interns in
web development. These interns will help optimize and update the
company's ecommerce site; they also will help implement search engine
optimization and search engine marketing.
Work will be done in HTML, based on the Shopify platform. Skills in
programming and graphics will be utilized.
The internship would start at 2 days a week and could turn into part
time or full time position.
Interested applicants should contact Tessa Van Bergen
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dana Barish (email@example.com)
- NabbTix is looking for interns! This is a great opportunity to gain experience in some exciting technologies!
About Us:At Nabbtix, we have created a new way to sell event tickets by using real-time, multi-seat auctions. Our innovative system functions as a superior method for selling tickets, maximizing revenue for venues. We provide buyers full control over ticket selection, and guarantee them the opportunity to purchase tickets at their convenience without the fear of the event selling out.
The Role: We are seeking a full-stack engineer to join our team in NYC and help develop our prototype into a robust product. You will work with our CTO to design, code, and test new expansions of our application.
Direct experience with any back-end technologies (Node.js preferred, Apache Server, Java Server, or other)
Experience with deploying, managing, and querying databases such as: MySQL,PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Knowledgable about algorithms and heuristics for solving difficult problems
Ability to work independently
Passionate about technology and the music industry
B.S. or M.S. in computer science
Experienced in Node.js with Express
Experience with manipulating SVG (directly or using D3.js, Snap.svg)
Experience with GIT
Experience with AWS or other cloud hosting services.