Accelerometers and Electronic Compasses
Some general information on accelerometers is available below:
- A Beginner's Guide to Accelerometers, by Dimension Engineering, LLC (2009)
- Accelerometers and How They Work by Texas Instruments (2009)
- Wikipedia entry for accelerometers
- The Bosch Sensortec's 3-axis BMA150 is used for the HTC Hero.
- The T-Mobile G1 Specs shows that is uses an AKM #AK89761 6-Axis Electronic Compass.
- Apple uses an LIS302DL accelerometer in its iPhone, iPod Touch, and 4th and 5th generation iPod Nano.
- The Asahi Kasei's AK8973 digital compass is used in the HTC Hero as well as in newer iPhones.